After School Program At AK Martial Arts and Fitness (AKMA)
This program is now on wait list for the 2019/2020 year. If you are interested in getting on the wait list or want to book reservations for the 2020/21 please fill out the form below asap. You can also contact Joanna Costello at 760-828-7165. OPEN ENROLLMENT scheduling for interview appointments for the 2020/2021 school year begins February 29th. Please fill out the form below to get on the list to stamp your order in the queue.
“My son not only trains there but he is a part of the After School Program. The program is so much more than I ever expected. The kids do homework, computer lab, agility, and martial arts training.
The staff, the owners, and the instructors are amazing. My son is in the best hands when he is there and has learned so much more than martial arts. He has learned discipline, respect, self-defense, a new language, and life skills. I know that he loves it as he wants to train and be there all the time. We are so happy to be part of the community that they have built there.” Tracie R
Our after school program runs for the full school year. We also have added flexibility of summer camp offerings and training during the summer with different, discounted packages to meet the need of local families for year round services.
Pick up is available for Carrillo Elementary K-5 for 3 to 5 times a week. All other schools and schedules are drop off only at a reduced rate. Choose from 1x to 5x a week.
Fill out the form below to make an appointment with us for the required 30 minute on site assessment interview. Child(ren) and Parent/Guardian must attend this meeting. We are located at 6120 Innovation Way, Bressi Ranch Carlsbad, California.
Our after school program includes:
- Daily Martial Arts Classes
- Daily Youth Fitness & Agility Classes
- Sports Conditioning for all sports
- Martial Arts Study Hall including terminology and tournament training
- Private tutoring from Master Instructor for key testings
- Personal computer notebooks for homework study at our facility
- Personal sound reduction headphones for reading and computer work at our facility
- Free access to children’s library
- Free, daily and personalized connection from Program Directors to ensure parents have daily updates and are notified of any reminders, happenings in the school day and more.
- Flexible Program: Attend 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or 5 times during weekdays
- Covers early release days
- Runs until 6:30 pm during the school year
- No Registration Fees
- Month to Month Contract
AK Martial Arts & Fitness (AKMA) After School Program encourages martial arts, general fitness, sports conditioning as well as social and emotional growth in a safe, fun environment.
The program includes either Martial Arts or Agility training or a combination of both and is designed to keep students active in a structured environment. Students will achieve the following:
- Develop social skills
- Participate in enrichment opportunities with guest speakers and instructors.
- Encourage language development
- Enhance physical development
- Learn basic self-defense and bully avoidance skills through role playing activities
- Encourage and demonstrate sound fitness, safety and social practice
- Respect community
- Develop problem-solving, citizenship and leadership skills
Our staff will help your child develop confidence and problem solving skills through a program of:
- Group activities for social interaction, teamwork and cooperation
- Individual choice activities to promote responsibility and decision making
- Opportunities for children to assume leadership roles in planning and implementing activities
We are not an academic program, but we do offer a designated time and place for children to complete homework assignments.
Our 6000 sqft facility in Bressi Ranch Carlsbad is run by certified adult instructors and highly trained staff in child development. Additional adult staff are selected for their educational background, training and experience and for their ability to respond to the needs of school-age children. The staff follows established guidelines to insure the continuity of daily routines and the smooth operation and stability of the program. We have a ratio of one adult staff member for every 10 children.