After School Program At AK Martial Arts and Fitness (AKMA)
This program is now on wait list for the 2019/2020 year. If you are interested in getting on the wait list or want to book reservations for the 2020/21 school year, please contact Joanna Costello at 760-828-7165.
Our after school program runs for the full school year. We also have added flexibility of summer camp offerings and training during the summer with different, discounted packages to meet the need of local families for year round services.
Fill out the form below to make an appointment with us for the 30 minute on site assessment interview. We are located at 6120 Innovation Way, Bressi Ranch Carlsbad, California.
Our after school program includes:
- Daily Martial Arts Classes
- Daily Youth Fitness & Agility Classes
- Sports Conditioning for all sports
- Martial Arts Study Hall including terminology and tournament training
- Flexible Program: Attend 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or 5 times during weekdays
- Covers early release days
- Runs until 6:30 pm during the school year
- No Registration Fees
- Month to Month Contract
After School Program (ASP) Pricing for 2019/2020 School Year
Limited availability for the 2019/2020 year.
- 1x/week: $169 1st child billed monthly – includes YFA class on ASP Day
- 2x/week: $249 1st child billed monthly – includes unlimited martial arts and 2 YFA classes on ASP Days
- 3x/week: $299 1st child billed monthly – includes unlimited martial arts and 3 YFA classes on ASP Days
- 4x/week: $319 1st child billed monthly – includes unlimited martial arts and 4 YFA classes on ASP Days
- 5x/week: $349 1st child billed monthly – includes unlimited martial arts and YFA classes
- 3-5x/week: $545 1st child billed monthly – includes daily Carrillo Elementary Pick Up, includes unlimited martial arts and YFA classes
- 10% discount for additional siblings
- discount on 2019/2020 winter, spring summer camp season
AK Martial Arts & Fitness (AKMA) After School Program encourages martial arts, general fitness, sports conditioning as well as social and emotional growth in a safe, fun environment.
The program includes either Martial Arts or Agility training or a combination of both and is designed to keep students active in a structured environment. Students will achieve the following:
- Develop social skills
- Participate in enrichment opportunities with guest speakers and instructors.
- Encourage language development
- Enhance physical development
- Learn basic self-defense and bully avoidance skills through role playing activities
- Encourage and demonstrate sound fitness, safety and social practice
- Respect community
- Develop problem-solving, citizenship and leadership skills
Our staff will help your child develop confidence and problem solving skills through a program of:
- Group activities for social interaction, teamwork and cooperation
- Individual choice activities to promote responsibility and decision making
- Opportunities for children to assume leadership roles in planning and implementing activities
We are not an academic program, but we do offer a designated time and place for children to complete homework assignments.
Our 6000 sqft facility in Bressi Ranch Carlsbad is run by certified adult instructors and highly trained staff in child development. Additional adult staff are selected for their educational background, training and experience and for their ability to respond to the needs of school-age children. The staff follows established guidelines to insure the continuity of daily routines and the smooth operation and stability of the program. We have a ratio of one adult staff member for every 10 children.